Venue & Hotel
The 2016 CINI annual Conference on ICT for Smart Cities and Communities will be held at the University of Sannio, Palazzo S. Domenico, Piazza Guerrazzi, 82100 Benevento - Italy.
People arriving on the afternoon of Wednesday September 28th have the opportunity to attend a concert of Vincenzo Maltempo at the "Sala Virgineo" of the Sannio Museum.
The social dinner will be organized in the beatiful place of Masseria Roseto, a typical farmland of Benevento.
Benevento offers a wide choice for accommodation, with varying costs.
Some hotels close to the Conference location are:
How to reach Benevento by AIR
- Airport of Naples (Capodichino) - 80 km from Benevento
- Airport of Bari - 200 km from Benevento
- Airport of Rome (Fiumicino) - 275 km from Benevento
by Conference SHUTTLE
- Due to the limited number of people arriving at Capodichino, the organization of a dedicated shuttle is too expensive. We suggest to refer to the EAV bus timetable to organize your trip from Naples to Benevento and back.
Links Benevento - Naples and back:
Links Benevento - Rome and back:
Railway links to Avellino, Campobasso, Foggia - Bari, Caserta, Naples, Rome
- Ferrovie dello Stato - Trenitalia
- EAV Ente Autonomo Volturno - Trains Naples-Benevento and vice-versa (timetable)
From Roma. Estimated time: 02h 40
- At sign L'Aquila (A24)/Teramo/Pescara(A25) follow the motorway A1 (Autostrada Del Sole) for 136,7Km
- At sign Caianello/Benevento turn right, follow Strada Statale Telesina for 59.8Km
From Napoli. Estimated time: 00h 50
- Follow the motorway A1 (Autostrada Del Sole) for 2,6Km
- At sign Pomigliano d'Arco follow the motorway E842-A16 for 69,4Km
- At sign Benevento turn right, follow the mortorway Svincolo Benevento for 122m
- At sign Benevento turn right, follow the mortorway Autostrada A16-Benevento for 20Km
- At sign Benevento Centro turn right
TIPS & TRICKS
Naples International Airport is the closest major airport to
The local bus company E.A.V. SRL serves the airport to Benevento. The closest bus stop is just outside the airport in Via Oreste Salomone. Pay attention while walking to the bus stop. The road is quite well-travelled by cars and the sidewalk is discontinuous.
Tickets can be bought on board or at any press/tobacco shop (ask for tickets "EAV" Naples-Benevento)
The journey typically takes around one hour.
Price: € 4.70 (one-way)
For timetable and information: EAV (Benevento/Naples)
As an alternative, you can use the Naples Alibus Airport Shuttle to reach the Central Train Station (Stazione Garibaldi).
The shuttle stop is located at approximately 50 meters from the entrance to the airport. UnicoAlibus tickets can be purchased on board or at an authorised agent prior to boarding.
The Naples Alibus Airport Shuttle runs daily with departures every 20 to 30 minutes.
From Naples Central Train Station you can take the train or the bus (EAV bus, stop in front of Mc Donald's) to Benevento.
Train Tickets can be bought at the train station or at any press/tobacco shop (ask for train station tickets from Naples to Benevento)
Train travel time is around one hour and a half and costs € 5.10 (one-way)
HOW FAR BENEVENTO IS FROM
- Naples: 70 km
- Rome: 220 km
- Florence: 450 km
- Milan: 760 km
- Venice: 630 km
- Turin: 840 km