He is Author of more than 30 scientific papers, published on international and national journals, books and Conference Proceedings, dealing with topics of Physical Geography, Geomorphology and Applied Geomorphology and Environmental Geology. Main research interests are:
- Short-term adjustments of river channels and associated hazards and risks.
- Soil erosion susceptibility assessment at basin scale by means of integration of classical techniques of geomorphological analysis of the relief, remotely-sensed data, GIS and statistical analysis.
- Morphotectonic analysis of seismic areas.
- Physical-geographical, geomorphological and geoenvironmental characterization of “terroirs”.
- Soil geomorphology and paleopedology aimed to long-term geomorphological evolution reconstruction.